Online Awareness Through Movement (ATM) Lessons
Future Life Now - Videos about Feldenkrais, including interviews from the Feldenkrais Awareness Summit
Neuroscience & Trauma Researchers:
Books on Feldenkrais & Neuroplasticity
- Embodied Wisdom: The Collected Papers of Moshe Feldenkrais, edited by Elizabeth Beringer
- Awareness Through Movement: Health Exercises for Personal Growth, by Moshe Feldenkrais - Feldenkrais's most popular book, written an an introduction to his method for the layman.
- Moshe Feldenkrais: A Life in Movement, by Mark Reese - A fascinating, comprehensive, and extensively researched biography of Moshe, including in-depth discussions of his theories and their influences.
- The Brain That Changes Itself: Stories of Personal Triumph from the Frontiers of Brain Science, by Norman Doidge, MD - Doidge's look at the burgeoning theory of neuroplasticity and how people have been able to rewire their brains with almost miraculous results.
- The Brain’s Way of Healing: Remarkable Discoveries and Recoveries from the Frontiers of Neuroplasticity, by Norman Doidge, MD - Doidge's second book and a personal favorite of mine. It includes a chapter on the Feldenkrais Method and a chapter on David Webber's use of the Feldenkrais Method to heal his vision. It's long but an easy read and absolutely fascinating.
- Body Awareness as Healing Therapy: The Case of Nora by Moshe Feldenkrais - Moshe's case study of helping a client regain functioning after a stroke--fascinating, and much easier to read than his more theoretical books.
- Hare Brain, Tortoise Mind: Why Intelligence Increases When You Think Less, by Guy Claxton
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma, by Bessel van der Kolk, M.D.
- Crooked: Outwitting the Back Pain Industry and Getting On the Road to Recovery by Cathryn Jakobson Ramin - "Details the nature and results of virtually every current approach to treating back pain." - Jane Brody, NY Times. Includes a section on Feldenkrais
Vision Improvement with Feldenkrais
Feldenkrais for Musicians
Subscribe here to download Alex's article about how to improve your practicing and teaching with ideas from Feldenkrais and to read an interview about Alex's journey with Feldenkrais and her advice for other musicians.